5 Points Collaborative
Established in 2019, the Five Points Collaborative is a group of individuals who represent the businesses and community organizations of the Historic Five Points area. The purpose of the Collaborative is to create and implement a unifying vision and plan for the area that incorporates existing master plans while improving streetscapes, wayfinding, branding and invigorating Riverside Park.
After working with Council Member Randy DeFoor, Parks and Recreation Director Darryl Joseph, and Public Works Director John Pappas, the Collaborative established the following priorities:
- Streetscape Memorandum of Understanding with the City of Jacksonville.
- Developing a Memorandum of Understanding, similar to that recently completed in San Marco, will define how 5 Points merchants and the City of Jacksonville work together to improve and maintain our streetscape.
- Riverside Park Master Plan
- Residents in the historic district love our parks. The group will work with the City’s Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services on a plan to revitalize Riverside Park and the development of the area under the overpass next to the Park. You can join the effort by becoming a friend of Riverside Park. For more info, see their Facebook page.
- Branding, Marketing and Wayfinding
- The members of the Collaborative will develop a strategic marketing plan for the area and work with the City’s Public Works Department to improve wayfinding.
- Post Street Dock Plan
- The new dock, scheduled for completion this year, will be located between The Cummer Museum of Arts and Gardens and The Garden Club of Jacksonville. Currently, there is no wayfinding or identifying streetscape to greet guests as they arrive. The Collaborative will work with the City to develop a wayfinding and streetscape program to improve the guest experience.
Five Points Collaborative Members
- Brooks Andrews - Riverside Avondale Preservation
- Joanna Blinn - Cummer Museum of Arts and Gardens
- Walter Bryant - Men’s Garden Club
- Tim Burleigh - Memorial Park Association
- Trey Csar - Resident and the Collaborative's meeting facilitator
- Brooks Dame - City of Jacksonville
- Allan DeVault - 5 Points Merchants and the Black Sheep Restaurant
- Council Member Randy DeFoor - City of Jacksonville
- Bill Hoff - Riverside Presbyterian Church
- Warren Jones - Riverside Avondale Preservation
- Emily Knight - Riverside Park United Methodist Church
- Michele Luthin - Memorial Park Association and Riverside Avondale Preservation
- Cathleen Murphy - Friends of Riverside Park
- Rick Pariani - Riverside Avondale Preservation
- Kelly Pickard - 5 Points Merchants Association and Alewife
- Nancy Powell - Riverside Avondale Preservation
- Denise Reagan - Garden Club of Jacksonville
- Margaret Tocknell - Riverside Avondale Preservation