Social Media & Events Coordinator
The RAP Social Media & Events Coordinator is a full-time position with Riverside Avondale Preservation (RAP). This position is responsible for a variety of activities critical to the programs of both Riverside Avondale Preservation and the Riverside Arts Market. The RAP Social Media & Event Coordinator reports directly to the RAP Executive Director with direction from the Senior Manager of the Riverside Arts Market approximately twenty (20) hours a week..
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is experienced with creative content creation that captures and retains audiences. The candidate should have experience in gathering and analyzing social media data to engage an audience, grow our online stores and web presence, increase business and membership and further our Mission.
RAP is a volunteer-driven organization with a small staff and a large mission.
- Work closely with RAM Senior Manager to create, develop, and implement digital strategies that increase the awareness of our programs and boosts the number of number of participants.
- Develop and implement engaging content including video production.
- Oversee digital advertising campaigns working with outside vendors. Supply digital assets, moderate ads, and report on KPIs of ads and make continued recommendations for improvements.
- Develop and manage a web store featuring RAP merchandise RAM vendor products; engage with vendors to help grow the store.
- Manage all social media accounts, website and email communication, generate reports regarding effectiveness of the communication efforts.
- Drive community engagement at RAM and RAP through content creation and live events during event.
- Develop and implement events at RAM and RAP.
- Work with RAP Development Committee to grow membership and community contributions and recruit volunteers.
- Manage CRM and newsletter database.
- Work with Executive Director to edit and publish newsletters on schedule.
- Maintain newsletter email lists.
- Create and edits marketing material.
- Responsible for creating and implementing RAP events as assigned.
- Maintain records of attendance and periodically review events for sustainability and relevance to mission.
- Answer phones
- Greet visitors
- Process postal mail in accordance with RAP’s Policy
- Manage office inventories: general office supplies, merchandise, equipment and promotional material.
Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must have a four-year degree in public relations or communications or related field.
- Proficient in Google Analytics.
- Minimum of three years of social media experience.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with WordPress and video editing software.
- Experience with, and past publication of digital videos, for social media.
- Knowledge of social marketing analytics and reporting techniques.
- Excellent organizational and editing skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 and Google Suite.
- Ability to work daytime, evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to work within deadlines and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Commitment to customer service excellence
- Knowledge of customer relationship management databases.
- An accessible and flexible team worker.
- An individual invested in their community and understands the importance of supporting local businesses. Preference for individual currently residing in Riverside or Avondale.
- A self-starter with integrity, a good sense of humor and high level of energy.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
Conditions of Employment
- This is a full-time position, mostly Tuesday - Saturday hours with ability to adjust schedule for evening and weekend events and meetings as needed. Extended hours may be required during special events.
- Salary range: Commensurate with experience.
- Minimum travel required.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email to Warren@RiversideAvondale.org. No phone calls, please.