Riverside Avondale Preservation Hiring for Market Manager
- Full-time, salaried, benefits
- Reports to: Executive Director and Market Director
The Riverside Arts Market (RAM) is a program of Riverside Avondale Preservation (RAP). The Market Manager is responsible for operations, logistics, and administration of the market. This individual will manage activities, programs, special events, and alcohol and interact with vendors, performers, visitors, volunteers, and more. This individual will work directly with the Market Director.
RAM supports RAP’s mission to enhance the quality of life of the historic neighborhood of Riverside Avondale. Both RAP and RAM are volunteer-driven organizations with a small staff and large mission. Job descriptions are a general outline of assignments but employees must be flexible and may be called on to help in a variety of ways.
RAP and RAM create community spaces where people come together. We are all responsible for ensuring that our programs are inclusive and welcoming to all backgrounds including race, economic status, gender, sexuality, abilities, or any other factor that makes our community members unique. Expanding on these principles is considered an essential part of the position.
- Work under the Market Director to understand and implement the long-range plan, vision, and goals of RAM
- Coordinate with various vendors, staff, contractors, and neighborhood advocates to implement successful events and programs that achieve the mission of RAP and RAM
- Coordinate with and submit permit applications to appropriate agencies including the City of Jacksonville departments for alcohol and special events
- Assist in the check-in and check-out of all market vendors and merchants. Aid with any conflicts, emergencies or day-of modifications
- Ensure and enforce compliance with market policies and guidelines among staff, vendors, and market visitors
- Lift, carry, and set up spaces within the market to create special places that invite people to stay at RAM
- Purchase and oversee supply orders; work within an annual budget
- Develop the ability to lead RAM in the Market Directors absence
- Develop and implement creative and effective event plans and strategies working under the guidance of the RAM Advisory Committee, long-range plan, with the Market Director, and alongside the Digital Media Manager and Outreach Manager.
- Develop event programming for the RAM space outside of regular market hours
- Implement events within budgets and timelines necessary for effective management
- Create event goals, plans, strategies, run of show, and post-event reports that lead to smart event management and planning in the future.
- Assist in all aspects of RAP’s Signature Events
Marketing & Outreach
- Incorporate RAP and RAM mission statement into marketing strategies and direction
- Develop and implement creative and effective marketing strategies to bring visitors to RAM and work directly with the Digital Media Manager to implement strategies
- Utilize marketing and retail skills to maintain and sell merchandise, membership, and event tickets for RAM and RAP
- Oversee sales of promotional items at RAM
- Maintain inventory and do supply orders for merchandise when necessary. Help source new merchandise focusing on local vendors, artists, and sourcing
- Implement the SNAP program which offers members of the community the chance to spend allocated food budgets on fresh, local produce from RAM
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates should have five to ten years of relevant work experience with a background that includes some combination of markets/vendors, event management, agriculture, supervising paid and/or volunteer staff, sales and marketing experience
- Experience in conflict resolution, hospitality, public relations
- Physical abilities that involve lifting more than 30 lbs., carrying more than 20 lbs. for short distances, walking several miles within a single event, and working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Proven organizational and management abilities
- An individual who is invested in their community and understands the importance of supporting local and small businesses
- An individual with integrity, a good sense of humor and a high level of energy
Benefits include two-weeks paid vacation and a robust holiday calendar which includes most federal holidays. Schedule is flexible and work from home options are available. Travel is minimal. Saturdays are required with a general work week of Tuesday – Saturday. Weekend and evening events on occasion.
RAP operates a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) which allows for direct payouts of qualified expenses up to $3,000 per year. All employees have access to an employer-based retirement plan with an employer contribution match of up to 3% effective upon start date and immediately vested.
RAP will not discriminate against any individual with respect to compensation, terms, conditions or privileges of employment because of the person's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or marital status.