Join Our Team As Outreach Manager
Founded in 1974, RAP is a 501(c)3 nonprofit with the mission to preserve, promote and advocate for the Riverside and Avondale neighborhoods in Jacksonville, FL. Both neighborhoods are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Reports to: Executive Director and Senior Market Manager
The Outreach Manager serves as a community liaison and business steward of Riverside Avondale Preservation (RAP) and the Riverside Arts Market (RAM). This individual brings together important businesses, members, and vendors to facilitate connections and expand our capacity. The Outreach Manager is responsible for securing and aiding vendors at the weekly Riverside Arts Market under the direction of the Senior Market Manager. The Outreach Manager is responsible for soliciting, securing, and coordinating all sponsors for both RAP and RAM programs and events. The Outreach Manager operates the RAP membership program under the direction of the Executive Director and Board of Directors Development Committee.
RAM supports RAP’s mission to enhance the quality of life of the historic neighborhood of Riverside Avondale. Both RAP and RAM are volunteer-driven organizations with a small staff and large missions. Job descriptions are a general outline of assignments, but employees must be flexible and may be called on to help in a variety of ways that cannot always be anticipated.
RAP and RAM are community spaces where people come together. We are all responsible for ensuring that our programs are inclusive and welcoming to all backgrounds including race, economic status, gender, sexuality, abilities, or any other factor that makes our community members unique. Expanding on these principles is the job of each employee and is considered an essential part of the position.
Riverside Arts Market Operations
- The Outreach Manager is responsible for understanding the long-range plan and strategic plan and working directly with the Senior Market Manager on implementation.
- Recruit, coordinate, retain, and work alongside vendors at RAM. This includes nonprofit community leaders, businesses, makers, producers, and growers in connection with the RAM Standard Operating Procedures and vendor application guidelines.
- Implement sponsorship program within RAM ensuring communication, marketing, and benefits with sponsors in coordination with other weekly RAM functions and procedures
- Plan and implement special events including events outside of regular market hours
- Assist in onsite operations of RAM as required
- Ensure and enforce compliance with market policies and guidelines among vendors
- Seek and analyze vendor/visitor/community feedback and proactively work to improve and enhance RAM operations and experience
Sponsorship Development and Implementation
- Develop and implement a robust sponsorship program that brings together local businesses, area merchants, and RAM vendors to strengthen community events and fund programming while benefiting the company sponsors
- Establish sponsorship benchmarks and provide monthly reports on progress and results
- Work with Digital Media Manager to recruit and promote sponsors and sponsor-based events, including merchandise and marketing deliverables online and elsewhere
- Develop and implement creative and effective membership marketing strategies and work directly with the Digital Media Manager on implementation
- Incorporate RAP membership recruitment into RAM marketing strategies
- Develop a program that considers RAM vendors, RAP members, and business sponsors to maximize collaboration and co-benefits
- Grow and maintain special events for RAP and RAM, including First Fridays, as an avenue for implementing membership strategies and goals
- Understand and utilize Neon database for membership growth and campaign strategies
- Draft, process, and print monthly membership letters for mailings and campaigns
- Work with Executive Director to facilitate annual year-end giving campaign and appeals
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated ability in written and oral communications and interpersonal relations
- Proven ability to operate in a teamwork environment requiring strong multi-tasking
- Working knowledge of fiscal management, including accounting, budgeting and reporting
- Strong computer skills including database experience, mail merges
- An individual who is invested in their community and understands the importance of supporting local and small businesses
- A person with integrity, a good sense of humor and a high level of energy
- A can-do attitude
- Preference for someone that lives, works or is familiar with the Riverside, Avondale, or surrounding urban core neighborhoods
Benefits include two weeks paid vacation and a robust holiday calendar which includes most federal holidays and Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day. Schedule is flexible and work-from-home options are available. Travel is minimal. Saturdays are required with a general workweek of Tuesday – Saturday. Weekend and evening events on occasion.
RAP operates a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) which allows for direct payouts of qualified expenses up to $3,000 per year.
RAP will not discriminate against any individual with respect to compensation, terms, conditions or privileges of employment because of the person's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or marital status.
Deadline to apply is August 15, 2021. Salary range is $40,000 - $45,000 with a potential merit-based annual bonus. Email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.