Marketing & Communications Intern
Founded in 1974, RAP is a 501(c)3 nonprofit with the mission to preserve, promote, and advocate for the Riverside and Avondale neighborhoods in Jacksonville, FL. Both neighborhoods are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- 10-15 Hours a week (flexible)
- Reports to: Digital Media Manager
The Marketing and Communications Intern will play an integral role in the mission and presence of various activities critical to Riverside Avondale Preservation (RAP) and Riverside Arts Market (RAM) programs. This role is self-motivated and provides individuals with experience in content creation, event planning, tracking and analyzing social media data, website management, and more. The term is a semester-long (Spring, Summer, Fall) with the possibility for extension.
- Work with the Digital Media Manager to create and implement digital strategies that increase the awareness of RAM, boost attendance, promote small businesses and vendors, and showcase the market as an activated, inclusive, and welcoming community space.
- Assist the Development Manager with outreach and learning opportunities for sponsors, partners, and prospects.
- Work on creating and implementing digital strategies to expand our mission statement and promote small businesses, parks, special events, and architectural preservation in the Riverside Avondale Historic District.
- Evaluate and implement our communications plan which includes social media, web, email, print and digital advertising, and special events that expand on our mission statements for both RAM and RAP.
- Create and generate reports regarding the effectiveness of the communication efforts.
- Help keep our websites and eNewsletters fresh and exciting with a focus on optimizing SEO, email opening rates, and adjusting for viewers and clicks.
- Drive community engagement at RAM and RAP through content creation, videos, ads, and live events.
- Work with RAM and RAP staff to promote and implement events.
- Create and edit marketing material, and proofread all materials.
- Develop and share historical stories from our neighborhood.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS
- Actively pursuing a Marketing Degree or related field
- Experience in Google Analytics is a plus
- Experience with social media
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with and past publication of digital videos for social media
- Knowledge of social marketing analytics and reporting techniques
- Excellent organizational and editing skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Independent worker who can meet deadlines and manage multiple projects at one time
This position is paid hourly or by stipend, or can be available for community service hours or required academic credit upon approval. 10-15 hours per week are flexible and require a combination of in-office and independent work.
To apply, send your resume to Marisa Whittemore email@example.com. Please include a short bio of yourself, what form of digital media you’re most passionate about, and 2-3 ideas you’d like to implement once you’re on board.