Membership and Communication Coordinator
The Membership and Communication Coordinator is a part-time position with Riverside Avondale Preservation (RAP). This position is responsible for a variety of activities critical to the work of both Riverside Avondale Preservation and the Riverside Arts Market. The Membership and Communication Coordinator reports directly to the RAP Executive Director and will work closely with all staff members.
RAP is a volunteer-driven organization with a small staff and a large mission.
- Oversee membership activity in coordination with Executive Director.
- Maintain membership lists and records. Process renewals and produce timely acknowledgement correspondence.
- Develop educational programming to help residents understand benefits and responsibilities of living in the Riverside Avondale historic district.
- Promote local businesses.
- Originate and implement events and communications that celebrate the traditions, art, culture and people of Riverside and Avondale.
- Coordinate data collection.
- In coordination with Executive Director and Membership Committee, develop and implement programming to attract members and volunteers.
- Develop relationships with people and organizations to provide volunteer support for events and programs.
- Determine volunteer requirements and schedules volunteers to fill needs.
- Build and maintains a volunteer database.
- Manage social media entities of RAP. Create copy and photography that captures the reader’s attention.
- Work with RAM colleagues to cross-market RAP and RAM.
- Edit and publish newsletters.
- Maintain newsletter email list.
- Create and edits marketing material.
- Responsible for coordination and implementation of workshops.
- Responsible for all First Friday activities including acquiring event sites, setting up and breaking down event.
- Responsible for Home Tour and Luminaria events.
- Work with Executive Director on details of events.
- Maintain records of attendance and periodically review events for sustainability and relevance to mission.
- Answer phones
- Greets visitors
- Distribute postal mail
- Manage office inventories: general office supplies, merchandise, equipment and promotional material.
- Candidates must have a high school diploma with a preference for a two or four year degree in public relations or communications or related field.
- Non-profit experience, working with volunteers and/or customer service experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- History of writing for media and social media.
- Commitment to customer service excellence.
- Ability to operate in a teamwork environment requiring strong multi-tasking.
- Knowledge of Google and Microsoft suite of communication tools.
- Knowledge of customer relationship management databases.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities and initiative.
- An accessible and flexible team worker.
- An individual invested in their community and understands the importance of supporting local businesses. Preference for individual currently residing in Riverside or Avondale.
- A self-starter with integrity, a good sense of humor and high level of energy.
Conditions of Employment
- This is a part-time posting for 32 hours a week, Tuesday through Friday with ability to adjust schedule for evening and weekend events and meetings as needed. Extended hours may be required during special events.
- Minimum travel required.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays (when they fall on scheduled work day.)
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email to Warren@RiversideAvondale.org.